Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sentient Developments 5th Anniversary

This week marks the 5th anniversary of my blog, Sentient Developments.

Back in 2002, as I immersed myself in all things transhumanist, I launched this blog as a way to help me think out loud and better articulate my thoughts and concerns. It was also a good way to vent some frustrations and do a bit of shouting (something I still do from time to time).

Soon after the creation of Sentient Developments I joined Simon Smith over at Betterhumans and became its deputy editor. Around the same time we co-founded the Toronto Transhumanist Association. Over the course of the next 5 years I joined the World Transhumanist Association, served on its board of directors from 2004-06, did some editing work for the Journal of Ethics and Technology, organized TransVision 04, and now sit on the Board of Directors for the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies.

During this time Sentient Developments has served as my "home base." It's been a labour of love.

Starting tomorrow I will be revisiting some of my favourite blog posts from the past 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment